Friday 16 November 2012

Gucci FW2012 Beauty




Beauty to me starts from within - it is about being a positive and good person as well as taking good care of your self. This doesn't mean I don't care about my appearance. Like the majority of people out there, I absolutely love make up and beauty products. I love the idea that you can transform yourself just by adding a bright lip or a cat line. Just like fashion, how you do your make up is a form of self-expression. It is not about achieving the perfect face, make up should simply make you feel good and comfortable.

I must confess I am the sort of person that plays it safe when it comes to make up, though I would love to step out of my comfort zone - I am eagerly waiting for my hair to grow out so I can try these looks out from the Gucci FW2012 show. It is definitely one of my all time favourites - the combination of deep bordeaux lips, muted brows and romantic hair is incredible and perfect for the winter months. I would probably omit the muted brows though - I think the complete look is flawless but for the everyday, I just can’t bring myself to bleach out my brows! To achieve these looks, it is about keeping the eye make up simple- just a dash of mascara on the top lashes. Use foundation and concealer to even out your complexion - applying concealer to the eyelids adds to the effect. A touch of highlighter and most importantly the gorgeous deep bordeaux lip – apply concealer along the outer edges of your mouth to clean everything up.

To create the beautiful romantic waves, first you should prep your hair with a volumizer, then using a curling iron – curl your hair away from the face. Tousle your hair with your fingers afterwards to loosen up the curls. Then take two-inch sections of your hair either side of the part and twirl away from your face bringing them together at the back. Use bobby pins to secure the two pieces together, then you could add a hair clip. To finish it off, a mist of hairspray to keep everything together! - V

No comments:

Post a Comment